History of Fort Davis
Fort Davis Cow Camp is four blocks behind the Jeff Davis County Courthouse located on a beautifully landscaped one-acre facility near Sleeping Lion Mountain in Fort Davis, Texas. The main house is an adobe structure built in 1892, just 32 years after the U.S. Cavalry post was established nearby.
Other historic facilities on the property include a barn, carriage house and blacksmith shop. The original carriage house was converted into a guest lodge in the 1990’s. The old blacksmith shop was used as a bunkhouse and office and was built over a century ago. The property was purchased by the Fillman family in 1989 and became the headquarters for Cow Camp Companies.
Accomodations at Cow Camp
The Bunk House and Carriage House were recently renovated into guest accommodations which are now available to rent. The interiors were professionally decorated in Southwest Style, with many beautiful furnishings and Texas accents.
The Bunk House
This elegant and rustic room was once a Blacksmith’s Shop! We cleaned it up a bit and kept the charm. The Bunk house sits on one acre of beautiful land known as Fort Davis Cow Camp. Our other historic facilities include a barn and carriage house, outdoor eating and entertainment spaces, beautiful garden and more!!