Fort Davis Cow Camp is four blocks behind the Jeff Davis County Courthouse located on a beautifully landscaped one-acre facility near Sleeping Lion Mountain in Fort Davis, Texas. The main house is an adobe structure built in 1892, just 32 years after the U.S. Cavalry post was established nearby.
Other historic facilities on the property include a barn, carriage house and blacksmith shop. The original carriage house was converted into a guest lodge in the 1990’s. The old blacksmith shop was used as a bunkhouse and office and was built over a century ago. The property was purchased by the Fillman family in 1989 and became the headquarters for Cow Camp Companies.
The Bunk House and Carriage House were recently renovated into guest accommodations which are now available to rent. The interiors were professionally decorated in Southwest Style, with many beautiful furnishings and Texas accents.